Wednesday 10 August 2011

I Had a Fall!

Yes, that's right. I had a fall (off the bed) on Sunday early morning, 6am to be precise..... I'm alright, except for a bruise on my right upper cheek.... Most likely that's the first point of contact between me and the laminate flooring...

What really happens remains fuzzy as daddy was in the toilet and mummy was asleep during my fall. All I knew was that there was a loud thud and I'm already on the floor crying my lungs out. Both Mummy and Daddy were stunned beyond words and momentarily it was a bit chaotic during the first few minutes of the incident.

It took a good 15 -20 minutes to calm me and all the while Mummy and Daddy were very concerned if I had hurt myself during the fall. I'm able to cry out loud (which is good accordingly to mummy) and turn my head and limbs about freely. Other than the bruise on the cheek, there's no other noticeable injuries. Daddy and Mummy are keeping their fingers (& toes) crossed and I will be monitored closely for the next few days to ensure that everything is alright. 

Me falling off the bed has always been one of Mummy and Daddy's greatest concern among others. In fact they have taken extra precautions by surrounding me with pillows and having at least one of them around to accompany me whenever I'm on the bed. They were just begining to scout for a suitable mattress for me when this incident happened and the mattress was purchased in double quick time the next day.

Guess I will have to sleep on the floor with the mattress soon? Sigh....   Both Daddy and Mummy agree that the cot (which can be converted into a toddler bed) will be too small for me as I'm used to the space on their bed. I toss around during my sleep and sometimes will end up sleeping in the other direction with my legs kicking onto Mummy and Daddy's face! Oops! Heez.... so the cot will definitely have no space for me to flip and turn...

This (the kick in the face) Mummy and Daddy can still handle, its my curious and daring nature that scares the wits out of them. I used to either disturb Mummy or Daddy (depending on who is nearer) or at least make some sounds when I'm awake so that they will know that I'm up and about. Not the case anymore recently as I began my own silent mission of exploring... Even with the pillows surrounding me, nowadays they are no longer the same deterrents, I will simply climb over the pillows to try and peer at the floor over the bed's edges.

According to Daddy, I was still sound asleep when he went to the toilet with the intention of checking on me when he's done as I normally wakes up at 6plus. Alas, during that less than a minute, I must have awoken and decided to climb over the pillow, lose my balance and fell onto the floor..... They would also have assume that I must have learn my lesson through this painful experience and be more conscious of higher ground in future ..... Wrong! Some pitiful cries, lots of "sayangs", a mik feed and a nap later, I have forgotton everything! Back to my cheerful self and climbing over everything and anything to continue scaring the wits out of Daddy and Mummy again. Heez.....   


Can you notice the slight bruise on my cheek? This picture was taken about 4 hours after my fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment